Our retail industry-focused lawyers represent businesses at every step, from factory floor, to retail outlet, to online store, and manage the diverse legal and business issues that impact the retail industry and our clients. They include workforce management, class action litigation, global sourcing, corporate restructurings, financings, data protection, health-care reform, state tax issues and ever-changing technology, among others. To manage these challenges and take full advantage of emerging opportunities, retailers need strategic legal partners who understand the industry, think like they think and collaborate with them to find customized approaches that meet their specific needs. Our retail industry team at Hunton Andrews Kurth is composed of more than 150 attorneys who represent retailers in the Fortune 500® and virtually every retail sector, including:
- Consumer services
- Fine jewelry and luxury goods
- Home improvement
- Media and entertainment
- Toys and baby products
Areas of Expertise
Know your customer. Nowhere is this more true than in the retail and consumer products industry, where product lifecycles are short, the list of customer demands is long and brand value is at a premium. We deliver strategic guidance to help owners and investors maximize profits and solve complex business problems. Our retail and consumer products team includes lawyers across the globe and is organized to provide strategic counsel with support from the following practice areas:
- Labor & Employment – Policies and litigation, including retirement, health care and employee benefits programs, executive compensation and labor negotiations, and immigration.
- Litigation – Bankruptcy, commercial litigation and dispute resolution, including class actions and multidistrict litigation.
- Competition/Antitrust – Distribution, supplier and supply chain matters, antitrust and competition compliance, antitrust review of mergers and acquisitions.
- Consumer Protection – Consumer protection and marketing, including advertising, sweepstakes, product safety, product liability litigation and crisis management.
- Corporate – Transactions involving governance and finance, including mergers and acquisitions, business restructurings, securities law compliance, corporate governance and social responsibility.
- Real Estate – Transactions and financing, including development, acquisition, leasing, construction, land use and zoning, and dispute resolution.
- Privacy & Cybersecurity – Global privacy and data security including consumer protection and breach preparedness.
About Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Since its establishment more than a century ago, Hunton Andrews Kurth has grown to 750 lawyers serving clients worldwide. With an industry focus on energy, financial services, consumer products and retail, and real estate, the firm’s global experience extends to myriad legal disciplines, including commercial litigation, corporate transactions and securities law, intellectual property, regulatory law, privacy and cybersecurity, and products liability.